Granger in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic School
In 1899, eight years after the founding of Saints Cyril and Methodius Church, its Czech/Moravian parishioners established a school for their children. In 1901 the sisters of divine providence began their long affiliation of providing teachers for the school. Educational facilities grew from a small frame schoolhouse to larger brick buildings as student enrollment increased over time. Although classes no longer are conducted in Czech and the students no longer are exclusively from the parish, SS. Cyril and Methodius School continues to reflect its early heritage in its commitment to a sound education for its students.
Erected 2001 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12480.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1899.
Location. 30° 43.128′ N, 97° 26.782′ W. Marker is in Granger, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker can be reached from North Guadalupe Street south of West Broadway Street, on the left when traveling north. Marker is located in the bush left of the Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 N Brazos St, Granger TX 76530, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Granger Brethren Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Saints Cyril and Methodius Catholic Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Brick Streets in Granger (about 500 feet away); A. A. & Mary Spacek House (approx. 0.2 miles away); Granger City Hall (approx. 0.3 miles away); Young House (approx. half a mile away); Granger High School (approx. 0.6 miles away); Macedonia Cemetery (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Granger.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 862 times since then and 14 times this year. Last updated on April 29, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 14, 2009, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.