Near Omaha in Stewart County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected by the Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 128-3.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Georgia Historical Society series list. A significant historical date for this entry is August 21, 1739.
Location. 32° 8.313′ N, 84° 58.201′ W. Marker is near Omaha, Georgia, in Stewart County. Marker is on Georgia Route 39 at milepost 15, 0.9 miles east Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Omaha GA 31821, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort McCreary – 1836 (approx. 2.6 miles away); Battle of Shepherd’s Plantation (approx. 4.6 miles away); Florence (approx. 5.4 miles away); Providence United Methodist Church (approx. 5.8 miles away); Spanish Fort, 1689-1691 (approx. 6.1 miles away in Alabama); Rev. David Walker Lowe (approx. 6.2 miles away); Fort Jones (approx. 6.7 miles away); Antioch Institute (approx. 8.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Omaha.
More about this marker. Source of marker text: Georgia Historical Society.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker.
Also see . . . Treaty of Coweta Town (1739). Proceedings of the Assembled Estates of all the Lower Creek Nation on Saturday the Eleventh day of August Anno Domini 1739. (Submitted on May 3, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on October 8, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 3, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 134 times since then and 16 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on October 7, 2020, by Tim Fillmon of Webster, Florida.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of marker and a wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • • Can you help?