Wilbur, Leonard, Ladd and Green Streets were named for men who played prominent roles in the development of Oswego's iron industry, Church Street was named for the Episcopal Church which had a boy's school in the area, and Furnace Street marked the road following the river leading to the iron works.
Erected 2002 by Old Town Neighborhood Association.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 45° 24.77′ N, 122° 39.747′ W. Marker is in Lake Oswego, Oregon, in Clackamas County. Marker is at the intersection of Wilbur Street and Durham Street, on the right when traveling east on Wilbur Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lake Oswego OR 97034, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George Rogers House - 1929 (within shouting distance of this marker); Iron Company Worker's Cottage (within
Also see . . . A brief history of our city... (Lake Oswego Public Library). (Submitted on May 7, 2018.)
Credits. This page was last revised on May 7, 2018. It was originally submitted on May 6, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 88 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on May 6, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. 2, 3. submitted on May 7, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.