Owasco in Cayuga County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Owasco District No. One
Built 1834 with local stone
Served for 116 years
Closed in 1950
Erected 2012 by William C. Pomeroy Foundation.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1834.
Location. 42° 54.209′ N, 76° 28.065′ W. Marker is in Owasco, New York, in Cayuga County. Marker is on Baptist Corner Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Auburn NY 13021, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lake View Cemetery (approx. 3.2 miles away); Site of an Underground Railroad Station (approx. 3.2 miles away); Soldiers and Sailors Monument (approx. 3.2 miles away); First Church (approx. 3.4 miles away); Wm. H.H. Crosier (approx. 3.4 miles away); Ford (approx. 3.4 miles away); Sherwood Inn (approx. 3.4 miles away); Site of The Great Fire (approx. 3˝ miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on May 8, 2018. It was originally submitted on May 7, 2018, by Nathan Mercado of Auburn, New York. This page has been viewed 112 times since then and 7 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on May 7, 2018, by Nathan Mercado of Auburn, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.