Montgomery County Courthouses
The home of Isaac Conroe served as a temporary courthouse until the first courthouse was constructed on this site in 1891. Red bricks, which were manufactured in Conroe, were used in the new courthouse and in the jail across the street. Many repairs and changes were made to the building, and in 1909 the exterior was plastered. In 1934,
Erected 2013 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 17660.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Art Deco series list.
Location. 30° 18.702′ N, 95° 27.478′ W. Marker is in Conroe, Texas, in Montgomery County. Marker is on North Thompson Street, on the right when traveling north. Marker is located on the courthouse grounds. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 301 North Main Street, Conroe TX 77301, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Conroe Fire of 1911 (within shouting distance of this marker); Conroe (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Conroe Telephone Exchange (about 400 feet away); The Isaac Conroe Property (approx. ¼ mile away); Willis Site of Willis Cigar Factory (approx. 8 miles away); Site of former town of Danville (approx. 12.3 miles away); Former Homesite of Joseph L. Bennett (approx. 12½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Conroe.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 15, 2018. It was originally submitted on May 13, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. This page has been viewed 124 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 13, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.