Berkeley Springs in Morgan County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
Joseph Booth of Berkeley County. In 1782 he sold it to Alpheus of Hampshire County, who owned other property in the town.
Lot #118: Conveyed by the Trustees of the Town of Bath to Joseph Booth, August 25, 1777.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the West Virginia, Berkeley Springs, Town of Bath Lots series list. A significant historical date for this entry is August 25, 1777.
Location. 39° 37.763′ N, 78° 13.584′ W. Marker is in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, in Morgan County. Marker is on Cacapon Road (West Virginia Route 9) west of North Washington Street (U.S. 522), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 137 North Washington Street, Berkeley Springs WV 25411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Judiah Higgins (within shouting distance of this marker); John Donovan / Andrew Pearce / Andrew Pearce (within shouting distance of this marker); George Dick (within shouting distance of this marker); John Donovan (within shouting distance of this marker); Robert BrownHenry Whiting (about 400 feet away); Bath Historic District (about 400 feet away); Solomon Smith (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Berkeley Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 1, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 14, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 122 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 14, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.