Berkeley Springs in Morgan County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
James Elliott, a merchant from Chambersburg, Pa. He sold half the lot to George Irwin of York County, Pa., and the other half to Charles Hederich of Berkeley County, Va. (now West Virginia), in 1780.
Lot #88: Conveyed by the Trustees of the Town of Bath to James Elliott, August 26, 1777.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the West Virginia, Berkeley Springs, Town of Bath Lots series list. A significant historical date for this entry is August 26, 1777.
Location. 39° 37.68′ N, 78° 13.655′ W. Marker is in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, in Morgan County. Marker is on Congress Street west of North Washington Street (U.S. 522). Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 210 Congress Street, Berkeley Springs WV 25411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. James Smith (within shouting distance of this marker); Tannery vs Hotels (within shouting distance of this marker); Hugh Walker (within shouting distance of this marker); Berkeley Springs (within shouting distance of this marker); George IrwinRichard Graham (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Frederick Conrad (about 300 feet away); Streetscapes Goes Green (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Berkeley Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 10, 2021. It was originally submitted on May 14, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 84 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 14, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.