Berkeley Springs in Morgan County, West Virginia — The American South (Appalachia)
John Ridout, Esq., of Annapolis, Md. James Smith owned it in 1779. Ridout was again the owner by 1798.
Lot #32: Conveyed by the Trustees of the Town of Bath to John Ridout, 1777.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the West Virginia, Berkeley Springs, Town of Bath Lots series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1779.
Location. 39° 37.492′ N, 78° 13.671′ W. Marker is in Berkeley Springs, West Virginia, in Morgan County. Marker is at the intersection of South Mercer Street and Market Street, on the right when traveling north on South Mercer Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 97 South Mercer Street, Berkeley Springs WV 25411, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. John Smith and John Philpot (a few steps from this marker); Edward Lloyd (a few steps from this marker); Charles Yates (within shouting distance of this marker); Samuel Hughes (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Carroll (within shouting distance of this marker); Harry Dorsey Gough (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Charles Carroll (about 300 feet away); John Barns (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Berkeley Springs.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 5, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 14, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 176 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 14, 2018, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.