Violet in Nueces County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Sie Sind Willkommen
— Old St. Anthony's Catholic Church —
Settlement founded in 1908 by German settlers • Church founded as a mission in 1910 and a public school until 1912 • Rectory built in 1912 and used as a second school until 1918 • Church was remodeled in 1919 and moved to Clarkwood in 1952 as our Mission Church • Returned to present site in 1975
Erected 1988 by Violet Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 27° 46.958′ N, 97° 35.673′ W. Marker is in Violet, Texas, in Nueces County. Marker is on County Highway 61 south of State Highway 44, on the right when traveling north. Marker is located near the east end of the Saint Anthony's Catholic Church parking lot, in front of the Old Saint Anthony's Catholic Church. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3918 Co Rd 61, Robstown TX 78380, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old Saint Anthony's Catholic Church (here, next to this marker); Violet, Texas (here, next to this marker); Robstown RecordGeorge H. Paul Building Site (approx. 4.3 miles away); Meansville and Kaleta (approx. 11.6 miles away); White Point / Rosita (approx. 11.6 miles away); Early Odem Area Schools (approx. 11.6 miles away); Captain Enrique Villarreal and Rincón del Oso Land Grant (approx. 11.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Violet.
More about this marker. Marker is a large "monument-style" granite slab.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 25, 2018. It was originally submitted on May 18, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 80 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on May 18, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.