Macedon in Wayne County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
May 29, 1800
The First Baptist Church
of Macedon was organized
on this site in the home of
Lemuel Spear, a veteran
of the Revolution.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • War, US Revolutionary. A significant historical date for this entry is May 29, 1800.
Location. 43° 3.758′ N, 77° 15.828′ W. Marker is in Macedon, New York, in Wayne County. Marker is on Quaker Road, 0.6 miles west of Walworth Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2389 Quaker Road, Palmyra NY 14522, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Historic Sites (approx. 0.3 miles away); Towpath and Aqueduct / Father of the Iron Bridge (approx. 0.8 miles away); Erie Lock 60 (approx. 1.1 miles away); Enlarged Erie Canal Lock 60 Historic Site (approx. 1.1 miles away); First Settlers of Macedon (approx. 1.2 miles away); Cumorah (approx. 1½ miles away); First Church (approx. 1½ miles away); First School House (approx. 1½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Macedon.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 22, 2018. It was originally submitted on May 22, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 105 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 22, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.