Bandera in Bandera County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Bandera, the county seat founded by John James, Charles de Montel and John Herndon in 1853
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 290.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list.
Location. 29° 43.783′ N, 99° 3.944′ W. Marker is in Bandera, Texas, in Bandera County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 16 and Old San Antonio Road, on the right when traveling south on State Highway 16. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Bandera TX 78003, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Old Jail & Courthouse (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Mills of Bandera (approx. 0.4 miles away); First Bandera County Courthouse Bandera County Courthouse (approx. half a mile away); Camp Montel C.S.A. / Texas Civil War Frontier Defense (approx. half a mile away); Old Huffmeyer Store (approx. half a mile away); Mormon Settlers in Bandera County (approx. half a mile away); Bandera, "Cowboy Capital of the World" (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bandera.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 25, 2018. It was originally submitted on May 23, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 141 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 23, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.