Lyons in Wayne County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
One room cobblestone school
house opened in 1831 for
School Dist. No.6 Towns of
Lyons & Arcadia. Closed 1947.
Sold 1959 to private owners.
Erected 2017 by William G. Pomeroy Foundation. (Marker Number 394.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the William G. Pomeroy Foundation series list.
Location. 43° 1.447′ N, 77° 1.842′ W. Marker is in Lyons, New York, in Wayne County. Marker is on Pleasant Valley Road 0.1 miles south of Jackson School Road, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 336 Pleasant Valley Road, Lyons NY 14489, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Honor Roll (approx. 2.6 miles away); Site of Daniel Dorsey Warehouse (approx. 2.6 miles away); The Lyons Drydock (approx. 2.8 miles away); Lockville (approx. 2.9 miles away); Mora Motor Car The Lockville Locks in Newark (approx. 3.1 miles away); Enlarged Erie Canal Lock 55 (approx. 3.2 miles away); H.G. Hotchkiss/Hotchkiss Essential Oils (approx. 3.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lyons.
Credits. This page was last revised on May 24, 2018. It was originally submitted on May 24, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. This page has been viewed 100 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 24, 2018, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York.