Milton in Fulton County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Double Branch Voting District Courthouse
— A City of Milton Historic Site —
Erected 2018 by the City of Milton, Georgia.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Notable Buildings.
Location. 34° 9.863′ N, 84° 19.14′ W. Marker is in Milton, Georgia, in Fulton County. Marker is on Birmingham Road east of Freemanville Road, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1425 Birmingham Road, Alpharetta GA 30004, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Boiling Springs Primitive Baptist Church (approx. Nix - Bell House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Thomas B. Newton House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Thomas Byrd House (approx. 1.8 miles away); Hopewell Baptist Church (approx. 2 miles away); Phillips Homestead (approx. 2.3 miles away); Willis Cass Tucker, Jr Home (approx. 2.8 miles away); Summit School (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milton.
Regarding Double Branch Voting District Courthouse. At the beginning of 1932, as an austerity measure to save money during the Great Depression, Fulton County annexed Milton County. Portions of Milton originally were part of Cherokee County.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 4, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 3, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 173 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 3, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.