Uvalde in Uvalde County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
John Nance Garner House
National Historic Landmark
This site possesses national significance
in commemorating the history of the
Unites States of America
Erected 1977 by National Park Service, United States Department of the Interior.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 29° 12.764′ N, 99° 47.535′ W. Marker is in Uvalde, Texas, in Uvalde County. Marker is at the intersection of North Park Street and West Mesquite Street, on the left when traveling north on North Park Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 333 N Park St, Uvalde TX 78801, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Judge John Nance Garner (a few steps from this marker); 1830 - Reading Wood Black - 1867 (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); King Fisher (about 800 feet away); Original Site of Uvalde High School (approx. ¼ mile away); First Presbyterian Church of Uvalde Capt. William Benson (approx. 0.3 miles away); Schwartz House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Grand Opera House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Uvalde.
Also see . . . Briscoe-Garner Museum. Briscoe Center for American History, The University of Texas at Austin (Submitted on June 4, 2018.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 4, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 1, 2018. This page has been viewed 91 times since then and 17 times this year. Last updated on June 4, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 1, 2018. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.