Poplarville in Pearl River County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
The Old Courthouse
The first courthouse for Pearl River County was built on this site in 1891-1892. It served the county until it was replaced by a new courthouse constructed across the street, in 1918.
Erected 1991 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Man-Made Features. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list.
Location. 30° 50.596′ N, 89° 32.185′ W. Marker is in Poplarville, Mississippi, in Pearl River County. Marker is on South Julia Street north of West Pearl Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 178 St Julia Street, Poplarville MS 39470, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Old West Florida (approx. 12 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 6, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 6, 2018, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 72 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 6, 2018.