Le Mars in Plymouth County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
This bell was given to Westmar College for perpetual care by the Hoskins Evangelical United Brethren Church of Hoskins, Nebraska when it closed in 1979. Also given to the college were funds to establish the Hoskins Memorial Fund. The tower was moved and rebuilt by the Le Mars Park Board under the direction of the Le Mars Sertoma Club in 2003 when the park was established.
Erected 2003 by Le Mars Sertoma Club.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells 🔔 series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1979.
Location. 42° 46.861′ N, 96° 9.781′ W. Marker is in Le Mars, Iowa, in Plymouth County. Marker is at the intersection of 3rd Ave SE and 10th St SE on 3rd Ave SE. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1055 3rd Ave SE, Le Mars IA 51031, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within 17 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Kingsley Freedom Rock Veterans Memorial (approx. 16.8 miles away).
Credits. This page was last revised on June 19, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 18, 2018, by Ruth VanSteenwyk of Aberdeen, South Dakota. This page has been viewed 131 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 18, 2018, by Ruth VanSteenwyk of Aberdeen, South Dakota. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.