Idaho City in Boise County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Boise Basin Museum
Around 1868 the northern most portion of the building was added to be used as a drug store. In the 1880's it was one of the many homes of the Idaho World newspaper. Since that time the building has been used for various business ventures and private residences.
Eventually the building was acquired by the City of Idaho City and leased to the Idaho Historical Foundation in 1957.
The Idaho City Historical Foundation has refurbished the building and added to it to create the Boise Basin Museum and the John Brogan Park.
The museum holds some of the past of Idaho City's Gold Rush. The Park is home to some of the equipment used by the miners and loggers in the area.
This building is on the National Register of Historic Buildings in America.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 43° 49.714′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 503 Montgomery Street, Idaho City ID 83631, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Masonic Temple (within shouting distance of this marker); Pest House and County Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Masonic Temple (within shouting distance of this marker); Boise County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); The Chinese Legacy in Boise Basin (在愛达荷城的华人) (within shouting distance of this marker); World War II Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); U.S. Senator Frank Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Idaho Territorial Penitentiary (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Idaho City.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 21, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 21, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 80 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 21, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.