Auburn in Placer County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Historical Auburn Fire House
Erected 1959 by Emigrant Trail Chapter, N.S.D.A.R (Daughters of the American Revolution).
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Notable Buildings • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical date for this entry is May 21, 1976.
Location. 38° 53.767′ N, 121° 4.722′ W. Marker is in Auburn, California, in Placer County. Marker is at the intersection of Lincoln Way and Commercial Street, on the right when traveling east on Lincoln Way. Marker is mounted on the front of the Old Firehouse. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Auburn CA 95603, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Placer County Bank (a few steps from this marker); City of Auburn (within shouting distance of this marker); Wells Fargo Express Office 1852 (within shouting Jacob Feldberg L. Newman, Clothing (within shouting distance of this marker); Placer Press (within shouting distance of this marker); Claude Chana (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Masonic Hall Erected 1860 (within shouting distance of this marker); G. Willment General Store (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Auburn.
Also see . . . Auburn Journal: Old Town Treasure. (Submitted on September 29, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.)
1. From the Historic Old Town Auburn Walking Tour Brochure:
This Old Town Firehouse once stood where the freeway runs now. It was built in 1891, and the Queen Anne style influence can be seen in the use of patterned shingles of varied styles and colors. This firehouse was home for the Auburn Hook and Ladder Co., organized in 1852. In the tower is the original bell used to sound the alarm and bring volunteers from nearby mines and fields.
— Submitted October 11, 2008,
Credits. This page was last revised on September 18, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 29, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona. This page has been viewed 2,155 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 29, 2008, by Syd Whittle of Mesa, Arizona.