Monroe in Benton County, Oregon — The American West (Northwest)
United Methodist Historic Site
house, built in 1850. The first school
in the historic Belknap settlement, it was
also used for Methodist Sunday school
and class meetings.
In 1854, the second Methodist Conference
on the West Coast was held here with
Bishop Simpson, who came from the east
by ship, officiating
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & Religion • Education • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
Location. 44° 18.912′ N, 123° 21.681′ W. Marker is in Monroe, Oregon, in Benton County. Marker is on Bellfountain Rd, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Monroe OR 97456, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Belknap Settlement (approx. 3.1 miles away); The Applegate Trail (approx. 3.2 miles away); a different marker also named Applegate Trail (approx. 3.3 miles away); Wilhelm Mill Water Wheel (approx. 3.3 miles away); “The Struggle Has Ended” Lee House (approx. 10.2 miles away); Junction City — A Brief History (approx. 10.3 miles away); Locomotive 418 (approx. 10.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Monroe.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 27, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 25, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. This page has been viewed 231 times since then and 53 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on June 25, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.