Jacksboro in Jack County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Former Gulf, Texas & Western Railroad Depot
A facility of Jacksboro's second railroad, built by local effort, with backing from New York bankers, R. C. Megargel and Company.
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1947.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical year for this entry is 1910.
Location. 33° 12.911′ N, 98° 9.546′ W. Marker is in Jacksboro, Texas, in Jack County. Marker is at the intersection of South Main Street (U.S. 281) and Hull Street, on the right when traveling south on South Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 302 S Main St, Jacksboro TX 76458, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Richardson (a few steps from this marker); Butterfield Stage Line (a few steps from this marker); G. D. Cross (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sewell Park (about 700 feet away); Old Hess Building (approx. ¼ mile away); Jack CountyOld Jack County Courthouse Cornerstone (approx. ¼ mile away); First Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jacksboro.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 19, 2019. It was originally submitted on June 25, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. This page has been viewed 178 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 25, 2018, by Larry D. Moore of Del Valle, Texas. 3. submitted on October 19, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.