Near Cooper in Delta County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Created July 29, 1870
Organized October 6, 1870
The name describes its position
and triangular shape
Cooper, the county seat
Erected 1936 by the State of Texas. (Marker Number 6932.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list.
Location. 33° 22.279′ N, 95° 39.93′ W. Marker is near Cooper, Texas, in Delta County. Marker is at the intersection of Texas Route 154 and Farm to Market Road 1529, on the right when traveling west on State Route 154. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1934 TX-154, Cooper TX 75432, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 13 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. First National Bank (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Texas Livery Stable (approx. 1.4 miles away); Cooper Rail Depot (approx. 1.7 miles away); Hiram Rattan DeSpain Bridge (approx. 3.4 miles away); Confederate Refugees in Texas, C. S. A. (approx. 10 miles away); Historic Roadside Park (approx. 10 miles away); Townsite of Tarrant (approx. 12.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cooper.
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on Delta County, Texas. (Submitted on June 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 25, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 85 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.