Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”

Wrocław in Wrocław Powiat, Dolnośląskie, Poland
 

Dawna kanonia kapituły świętokrzyskiej / Canon's of the Holy Cross house

 
 
Dawna kanonia kapituły świętokrzyskiej / Canon's of the Holy Cross house Marker image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, May 24, 2018
1. Dawna kanonia kapituły świętokrzyskiej / Canon's of the Holy Cross house Marker
Inscription.   Pierwsza kuria kanonicza powstała w XIV w. Dom frontowy przebudowano w 1599 r. (o czym świadczy data umieszczona na portalu) i częściowo po pożarze w 1791 r. (z wyjątkiem zachodniej oficyny, którą zastąpiła nowa po stronie wschodniej).

-

The first canonical curia was established in the 14th century. The front house was rebuilt in 1599 r. (as testified by the date on the portal) and partially rebuilt after the fire in 1791 (with the exception of the western outbuilding, which was replaced by a new one on the east side).
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
 
Location. 51° 6.868′ N, 17° 2.619′ E. Marker is in Wrocław, Dolnośląskie, in Wrocław Powiat. Marker is at the intersection of Katedralna and plac Kościelny when traveling east on Katedralna. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Katedralna 5, Wrocław, Dolnośląskie 50-328, Poland. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Caspar Elyan (a few steps from this marker); Dawny Sierociniec / Former Orphanage (Orphanotropheum)

Dawna kanonia kapituły świętokrzyskiej / Canon's of the Holy Cross house Marker - Wide View image. Click for full size.
By Andrew Ruppenstein, May 24, 2018
2. Dawna kanonia kapituły świętokrzyskiej / Canon's of the Holy Cross house Marker - Wide View
(within shouting distance of this marker); Dawna kanonia kapituły swiętokrzyskiej / Canon's House of the Holy Cross Chapter (within shouting distance of this marker); Former canons' house of the Holy Cross Chapter (within shouting distance of this marker); Edmund Bojanowski (within shouting distance of this marker); Pope John Paul II (within shouting distance of this marker); Dawne kanonie kapituły katedralnej / Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter (within shouting distance of this marker); Biskup / Bishop Nanker (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wrocław.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 26, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 26, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 59 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 26, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.
Paid Advertisement
Aug. 13, 2020