Ovid in Clinton County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
George D. Sowers House
Erected 2000 by Michigan Historical Center, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L1718.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1882.
Location. 43° 0.403′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 131 East Williams Street, Ovid MI 48866, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Carriage House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Village of Ovid / First Congregational Church of Ovid (about 400 feet away); Sleepy Hollow State Park (approx. 4.7 miles away); Paine-Gillam-Scott House (approx. 9.6 miles away); Curwood Castle (approx. 9.9 miles away); Judge Elias Comstock (approx. 9.9 miles away); a different marker also named Curwood Castle (approx. 9.9 miles away); Comstock Cabin (approx. 9.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ovid.
The George D. Sowers House is now the home of the Ovid Historical Society
— Submitted June 27, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 27, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 27, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 96 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 27, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.