Owosso in Shiawassee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1980 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L773.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1836.
Location. 42° 59.947′ N, 84° 10.515′ W. Marker is in Owosso, Michigan, in Shiawassee County. Marker is on Curwood Castle Drive north of Bradley Street, on the rightTouch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Owosso MI 48867, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Judge Elias Comstock (a few steps from this marker); Curwood Castle (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Curwood Castle (within shouting distance of this marker); The Studio of James Oliver Curwood (within shouting distance of this marker); Walk of History (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First House in Owosso (about 700 feet away); Birthplace of Thomas Edmund Dewey (about 700 feet away); Homesite of Doctor John B. Barnes (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Owosso.
Also see . . . 1836 Comstock Cabin: A pioneering family builds the first permanent residence in Owosso. (Submitted on June 29, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on December 8, 2020. It was originally submitted on June 29, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 98 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 29, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.