Owosso in Shiawassee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Congregational Church and Society
Erected 1995 by Bureau of History, Michigan Department of State. (Marker Number L1806.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1840.
Location. 43° 0.032′ N, 84° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 327 North Washington Street, Owosso MI 48867, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Site of the First School House in Owosso (within shouting distance of this marker); Homesite of Doctor John B. Barnes (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Studio of James Oliver Curwood (approx. ¼ mile away); Curwood Castle (approx. ¼ mile away); Comstock Cabin (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Curwood Castle (approx. ¼ mile away); Judge Elias Comstock (approx. ¼ mile away); Walk of History (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Owosso.
Also see . . . Church History. (Submitted on June 30, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 30, 2018. It was originally submitted on June 30, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 94 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 30, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Picture without the scaffolding and pictures of the stained-glass windows. • Can you help?