Owosso in Shiawassee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Judge Elias Comstock
This log house was built by Judge Elias Comstock
Purchased by the D.A.R. and given to the city of Owosso for its perpetuation July 29, 1920
Here six Baptists formed the first church organization in Owosso — January 18, 1838
Erected 1921 by Shiawassee Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical date for this entry is January 18, 1838.
Location. 42° 59.942′ N, 84° 10.53′ W. Marker is in Owosso, Michigan, in Shiawassee County. Marker is on Curwood Castle Drive north of Bradley Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Owosso MI 48867, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Comstock Cabin (a few steps from this marker); Curwood Castle (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Curwood Castle (within shouting distance of this marker); The Studio of James Oliver CurwoodWalk of History (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); The First House in Owosso (about 700 feet away); Birthplace of Thomas Edmund Dewey (about 700 feet away); L. B. Quackenbush Post Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Owosso.
Also see . . . Elias Comstock Cabin. Wikipedia entry (Submitted on August 25, 2022, by Larry Gertner of New York, New York.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 25, 2022. It was originally submitted on July 1, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 133 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 1, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.