Owosso in Shiawassee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Homesite of Doctor John B. Barnes
Honored especially for landscaping and planting our beautiful shade trees.
Erected 1936 by Owosso Centennial.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1842.
Location. 43° 0.114′ N, 84° 10.355′ W. Marker is in Owosso, Michigan, in Shiawassee County. Marker is on West Oliver Street west of North Ball Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 208 West Oliver Street, Owosso MI 48867, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Congregational Church and Society (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Site of the First School House in Owosso (about 700 feet away); Birthplace of Frederick Carl Frieseke (approx. 0.2 miles away); Herman C. Frieseke House / Frederick Carl Frieske (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Studio of James Oliver Curwood (approx. 0.2 miles away); Curwood CastleCurwood Castle (approx. ¼ mile away); Comstock Cabin (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Owosso.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 1, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 1, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 124 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 1, 2018, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.