U.S. Army Garrison, Picatinny Arsenal in Morris County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built in 1884 for the Senior Officer of the Post. In 1906 it was converted into Officers’ Quarters and in 1937 the W.P.A. remodeled it to be used once more as the Commander’s Residence.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Military.
Location. 40° 56.453′ N, 74° 33.963′ W. Marker is in U.S. Army Garrison, Picatinny Arsenal, New Jersey, in Morris County. Marker is on Farley Lane just west of Parker Road, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located on the grounds of the Picatinny Arsenal. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Picatinny Arsenal NJ 07806, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. M119 Howitzer (within shouting distance of this marker); Lightweight 155mm Howitzer (within shouting distance of this marker); M198 Howitzer (within shouting distance of this marker); Administration and Research Historic District (within shouting distance of this marker); M1A1 Pack Howitzer (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Middle Forge (about 300 feet away); Historical Exhibit (about 300 feet away); M153 - Common Remotely Operated Weapon Station (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in U.S. Army Garrison, Picatinny Arsenal.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 22, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 1, 2018, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 86 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 1, 2018, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.