Madisonville in Madison County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Created January 21, 1853 Organized April 4, 1853
Named in honor of
"Father of the Constitution"
Fourth President of the United States
County seat, Madisonville.
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 11258.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Former U.S. Presidents: #04 James Madison, and the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series lists.
Location. 30° 57.62′ N, 95° 54.944′ W. Marker is in Madisonville, Texas, in Madison County. Marker is on North May Street (State Highway 75), on the right when traveling north. Marker is located in the parking lot of the TXDOT Madisonville Maintenance Facility. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 910 North May Street, Madisonville TX 77864, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies Truman Kimbro (approx. 0.8 miles away); First Baptist Church of Madisonville (approx. 0.9 miles away); Jubal Richard Parten (approx. one mile away); Wilson Chapel Methodist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); El Camino Real (approx. 12.7 miles away); Site of the First Court House Built in Leon County (approx. 13.8 miles away).
Also see . . . Madison County - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on July 2, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 3, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 2, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. This page has been viewed 78 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 2, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.