Harrisburg in Saline County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Saline County Courthouse Clock
This Clock was preserved by the Saline County Historical Society and donated to Harrisburg Operation Pride for the people of Saline County. The clock and the bell was manufactured by the Howard Clock Company of Boston, Mass. and was in use from 1904 to 1967 in the old Courthouse.
Saline County Historical Society
Board of Directors
Frank Curtin * Victor Humm * William Putnam * Brenda Humm * Connie Uzzle * Marie Bauman * Dr. James M. Baldwin * James Ralph * Mary Humm, Curator
Harrisburg Operation Pride
Clock Tower Committee
Lavern Clayton * Gaynetie Wygal * David R. Taylor
Dedicated October, 1991
Erected 1991 by Saline County Historical Society & Harrisburg Operation Pride.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Charity & Public Work • Government & Politics • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 37° 44.338′ N, 88° 32.357′ W. Marker is in Harrisburg, Illinois, in Saline Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Harrisburg IL 62946, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Harrisburg (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Blockhouses (approx. 1˝ miles away); River Pirate's Cabin (approx. 1˝ miles away); Aydolette Cabin (approx. 1.6 miles away); Chenault School (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Pauper House (approx. 1.6 miles away); Aydolette Barn and Thrashing Floor (approx. 1.6 miles away); The Poor House (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Harrisburg.
Regarding Saline County Courthouse Clock. This antique Howard Company clock was manufactured for the 4th Saline County Courthouse (built in 1904).
Also see . . . The Five Courthouses of Saline County (Illinois). (1) By the end of 1848, Saline County's first courthouse was complete; it was a simple frame building, and it grew inadequate so rapidly that (2) a brick replacement was erected and opened in early 1854. With the transfer of (Submitted on July 2, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Additional keywords. horology
Credits. This page was last revised on August 27, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 2, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 117 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 2, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.