Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Wrocław in Wrocław Powiat, Lower Silesia, Poland — Central Europe
 

Dawne kanonie kapituły katedralnej / Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter

 
 
Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, May 24, 2018
1. Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter Marker
Inscription.   Wznoszone od średniowiecza domy były wielokrotnie przebudowywane, a po pożarze w 1791 r. zostały odtworzone w formach klasycystycznych. Niemal doszczętnie zniszczony w 1945 r. zespol odbudowano w latach 1974-1979 według projektu E. Małachowicza.

-

The houses were being erected since the Middle Ages. Over the years they underwent a number of alterations and after the fire in 1791 they were rebuilt in Classical forms. The building complex was almost completely destroyed in 1945 but was rebuilt in the years 1974-1979 according to the design of E. Malachowicz.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1791.
 
Location. 51° 6.864′ N, 17° 2.682′ E. Marker is in Wrocław, Dolnośląskie (Lower Silesia), in Wrocław Powiat. Marker is on Katedralna just west of plac Katedralny, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Katedralna 10, Wrocław, Dolnośląskie 48-300, Poland. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pope John Paul II (a few steps from this marker); Edmund Bojanowski

Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); Former canons' house of the Holy Cross Chapter (within shouting distance of this marker); Dawna kanonia kapituły swiętokrzyskiej / Canon's House of the Holy Cross Chapter (within shouting distance of this marker); Dawna kanonia kapituły świętokrzyskiej / Canon's of the Holy Cross house (within shouting distance of this marker); Biskup / Bishop Nanker (within shouting distance of this marker); Fryderyk (Frederic) Chopin (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Dawny Sierociniec / Former Orphanage (Orphanotropheum) (about 90 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wrocław.
 
Dawne kanonie kapituły katedralnej / Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter and Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Andrew Ruppenstein, May 24, 2018
2. Dawne kanonie kapituły katedralnej / Canon's Houses of the Cathedral Chapter and Marker
The marker is visible just to the right of the entrance.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 5, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 5, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California. This page has been viewed 97 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 5, 2018, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Lamorinda, California.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=119749

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 15, 2024