Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Evangelical Free Church
Swedish immigrant settlers in Williamson County met together in homes for worship services as early as 1884. In 1891 this congregation was organized in the home of Mr. and Mrs. Sven Peterson by 21 charter members. Known as Brushy Evangelical Free Church, the congregation built a sanctuary in 1892 on land southeast of Georgetown donated by C.J. Gustafson. This Georgetown site was acquired in 1960, and a new sanctuary was dedicated in 1963. This church has been part of Williamson County history for nearly a century.
Erected 1988 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13925.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical year for this entry is 1884.
Location. Marker is missing. It was located near 30° 38.015′ N, 97° 39.764′ W. Marker was in Georgetown, Texas, in Williamson County. Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 1322 East University Avenue, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Southwestern University (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Woman’s Club of Georgetown Easley Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); Southwestern University Main Building (approx. 0.3 miles away); Judge Harry N. Graves (approx. 0.3 miles away); Iota Chapter (approx. 0.3 miles away); Amos-Godbey House (approx. 0.3 miles away); XI Chapter Kappa Alpha Order (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on October 30, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,051 times since then and 12 times this year. Last updated on July 8, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos: 1. submitted on October 30, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on April 2, 2008, by Matt Gholson of Houston, Texas. 3. submitted on July 8, 2018, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.