Union County’s First Courthouse
This replica of the original courthouse was constructed from photos and sketches, by the Village of Milford Center as a part of the celebration of Ohio’s bicentennial in 2003. The Village is indebted to the following volunteers for this construction: Maurice “Mac’ McCarty, Ronald “Red” Baker, Ron Barker, Ray Chappelear and Ronald Payne.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Village of Milford Center (within shouting distance of this marker); Honor Roll 1918 (within shouting distance of this marker); Union Township Civil War Monument (approx. ¼ mile away); a different marker also named Union Township Civil War Monument (approx. ¼ mile away); Milford Center Veterans Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Bridgeport / Bridgeport Iron Bridge (approx. 2½ miles away); Culbertson Covered Bridge / Reuben L. Partridge (1823- 1900) Bridge Builder (approx. 3 miles away); Mitchell Cemetery Stone #2 (approx. 3.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Milford Center.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 10, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 9, 2018, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 60 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 9, 2018, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.