Hartford in Washington County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Schwartz Family House
(Continued on other side)
(Continued from other side)
Peter and Anna Schwartz emigrated from Prussia in 1854 and were among the earliest settlers in Hartford. Initially families of farmers, the Schwartz’s owned Eagles Park and the Schwartz Ballroom and were prominent community members. The
Erected 2018 by Wisconsin Historical Society and Hartford Historic Preservation Foundation. (Marker Number 575.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Notable Buildings. In addition, it is included in the Wisconsin Historical Society series list.
Location. 43° 19.291′ N, 88° 22.498′ W. Marker is in Hartford, Wisconsin, in Washington County. Marker is at the intersection of Union Street and Third Street, on the right when traveling west on Union Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 220 E Union Street, Hartford WI 53027, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow “Kissel” (approx. 0.4 miles away); Westphal Mansion Inn (approx. 0.4 miles away); Willard R. Amidon Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); Lohr’s Gas Station (approx. half a mile away); The Schwartz Ballroom (approx. 0.8 miles away); St. Lawrence Church (approx. 3.9 miles away); Winter Farm (approx. 5½ miles away); Holy Hill (approx. 5.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hartford.
Regarding Schwartz Family House. More from the internet: https://www.hartfordhistoric.com/schwartz-family-house.html
Credits. This page was last revised on July 10, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 10, 2018, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 167 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 10, 2018, by Paul Fehrenbach of Germantown, Wisconsin. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.