Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Ozark in Franklin County, Arkansas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Franklin County Court House

 
 
Franklin County Court House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, July 9, 2018
1. Franklin County Court House Marker
Inscription.  Ozark was designated as the county seat of Franklin County in 1837, and the first court house in the county was erected on this site in 1838.
 
Erected 1936 by Arkansas Centennial Commission 1836-1936 Arkansas Historical Commission. (Marker Number B-13.)
 
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & PoliticsPolitical Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Arkansas Centennial Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1837.
 
Location. 35° 29.203′ N, 93° 49.6′ W. Marker is in Ozark, Arkansas, in Franklin County. Marker is at the intersection of West Commercial Street (Highway 64) and South 2nd Street, on the right when traveling east on West Commercial Street. Located in front of the Franklin County Court House. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 211 West Commercial Street, Ozark AR 72949, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. World War I - Lest We Forget - World War II (here, next to this marker); In Memory of our Friends Lost in Korea, Vietnam & Iraq
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(here, next to this marker); Bristow Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Missouri-Pacific Depot, Ozark (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Trail of Tears Memorial (about 800 feet away); Skirmishes at Roseville (approx. 0.2 miles away); German-American Bank (approx. 4.6 miles away); O'Kane-Jacobs House (approx. 4.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ozark.
 
More about this marker. One of 143 cast-iron markers placed across Arkansas in partnership with the Arkansas History Commission during the state's 1936 centennial.
 
Also see . . .  Wikipedia article on the Franklin County Court House. (Submitted on July 10, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
 
Franklin County Court House image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, July 9, 2018
2. Franklin County Court House
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on August 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on July 10, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 180 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 10, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=120001

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 22, 2024