“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Williamsburg in Whitley County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)

Mahan Hall

Mahan Hall Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tom Bosse, July 4, 2018
1. Mahan Hall Marker
Inscription.  Mahan Hall was constructed in 1906 for use as a dormitory for men at Cumberland College. Originally named Felix Hall in honor of board of trustees member, Dr. W. H. Felix of Lexington, Ky. Named changed to Mahan Hall, May 1954, in honor of E. C. Mahan of Knoxville, Tenn., to recognize his service to Cumberland College. Hall renovated in 1984. Presented by Cumberland College.
Erected by Kentucky Historical Society & Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 2084.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1954.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 36° 44.359′ N, 84° 9.876′ W. Marker was in Williamsburg, Kentucky, in Whitley County. Marker was on West Sycamore Street, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Williamsburg KY 40769, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. Roburn Hall (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Clyde V. and Patricia Bennett Building (approx. 0.2 miles
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
away); Cumberland College (approx. 0.2 miles away); "Aunt Julia" Marcum (approx. 0.4 miles away); Scott's Raid (approx. 0.4 miles away); County Named, 1818 (approx. 0.4 miles away); Samuel Cox, 1756-1832 (approx. half a mile away); Roy Martis Chappell (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williamsburg.
More about this marker. Marker is still visible on Google Street View.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 16, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 12, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 148 times since then and 12 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on July 12, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Apr. 20, 2024