McCormack Christian Church
(Reverse) McCormack Christian Church - Bricks laid in Flemish bond on stone foundation reflect Campbell's belief in simplicity of design and worship. Galleries for slaves were at each end. Stipulation by McCormack was that church was to be open to all denominations and people. It was listed on National Register of Historic Places, 1976. Presented by Friends of McCormack Christian Church.
Erected 1976 by Kentucky Historical Society & Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 1590.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1819.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Boneyville (approx. 3.2 miles away); Traveler's Rest (approx. 3.4 miles away); Isaac Shelby (approx. 3˝ miles away); Isaac Shelby Cemetery (approx. 3˝ miles away); Alcorn Homestead / Sophia K. Alcorn (approx. 4.1 miles away); Logan's Station (approx. 4.2 miles away); Bright's Inn (approx. 4.2 miles away); a different marker also named Traveler's Rest (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stanford.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 4, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 14, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 294 times since then and 94 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on July 14, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. 7. submitted on July 15, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.