Wharton in Wharton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
City of Wharton
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 894.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical month for this entry is April 1846.
Location. 29° 18.591′ N, 96° 6.038′ W. Marker is in Wharton, Texas, in Wharton County. Marker is at the intersection of West Burleson Street and South Fulton Street, on the right when traveling east on West Burleson Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 West Burleson Street, Wharton TX 77488, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Wharton County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of the Home of Robert McAlpin Williamson (within shouting distance of this marker); Wharton County (within shouting distance of this marker); Wharton County Confederate Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Plaza Hotel and Plaza Theater (about 400 feet away); Security Bank and Trust Company (about 400 feet away); Judge George E. Quinan (about 500 feet away); Judge Edwin Hawes House (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wharton.
Also see . . . Wharton, TX - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on July 22, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 22, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 22, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. This page has been viewed 233 times since then and 73 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 22, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.