Edna in Jackson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by State of Texas
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Agriculture • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical date for this entry is March 17, 1836.
Location. 28° 58.668′ N, 96° 38.832′ W. Marker is in Edna, Texas, in Jackson County. Marker is on West Main Street (Business U.S. 59), on the right when traveling east. Marker is located on the courthouse grounds. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 115 West Main Street, Edna TX 77957, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Confederates of Jackson County (within shouting distance of this marker); Jackson County, C.S.A. (within shouting distance of this marker); Early Jackson County (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Macaroni Station (about 400 feet away); The Famous Lavaca-Navidad Meeting of 1835 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brackenridge Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); La Bauve-Young-Payne Home (approx. ¼ mile away); Mission Nuestra Señora del Espiritu Santo de Zuñiga (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Edna.
Also see . . . Jackson County - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on July 22, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 23, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 22, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 131 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 22, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.