San Bernardino in San Bernardino County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
The Council House
It was two stories, one room below and one above 24x26 feet and surrounded by a white fence. The building stood until 1867 when it was demolished to make way for the Starkey Hotel, a brick building.
Erected 1955 by Lugonia Parlor No. 241 Native Daughters of the Golden West.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1853.
Location. Marker has been permanently removed. It was located near 34° 6.338′ N, 117° 17.376′ W. Marker was in San Bernardino, California, in San Bernardino County. Marker was on North Arrowhead Avenue when traveling north Touch for map. Marker was at or near this postal address: 351 North Arrowhead Avenue, San Bernardino CA 92415, United States of America.
We have been informed that this sign or monument is no longer there and will not be replaced. This page is an archival view of what was.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. 60th Anniversary of the CCC (within shouting distance of this marker); To Jedediah Smith (within shouting distance of this marker); California Theater (approx. 0.3 miles away); San Bernardino Santa Fe Depot (approx. 1.2 miles away); Route 66 (approx. 1.4 miles away); The Grimace (approx. 1.4 miles away); Original McDonald's Flooring (approx. 1.4 miles away); Officer Big Mac (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Bernardino.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 23, 2018. It was originally submitted on November 20, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Elk Grove, California. This page has been viewed 435 times since then and 89 times this year. Last updated on July 23, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. Photos: 1. submitted on November 20, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Elk Grove, California. 2, 3. submitted on July 22, 2018, by Craig Baker of Sylmar, California. 4. submitted on November 20, 2014, by Michael Kindig of Elk Grove, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.