Angleton in Brazoria County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old Brazoria County Courthouse
Erected 1983 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9533.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1897.
Location. 29° 10.137′ N, 95° 25.884′ W. Marker is in Angleton, Texas, in Brazoria County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of East Cedar Street and North Velasco Street (Business State Highway 288). This marker is mounted on the south side of the old courthouse building (side facing away from the street), which currently serves as the Brazoria County Museum. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 East Cedar Street, Angleton TX 77515, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. Sugar Kettle (a few steps from this marker); The Brazos Lighthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); 1895 Brazoria County Courthouse Column (within shouting distance of this marker); Robert J. Calder (within shouting distance of this marker); Texas Sesquicentennial 1836-1986 (within shouting distance of this marker); Brazoria County Ring Of Honor (within shouting distance of this marker); Angleton Independent School District (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Sweeny Home (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Angleton.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 24, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 23, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. This page has been viewed 336 times since then and 78 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 23, 2018, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.