Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Castle Rock in Douglas County, Colorado — The American Mountains (Southwest)
 

Victoria’s House

 
 
Victoria’s House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, July 1, 2017
1. Victoria’s House Marker
Inscription.  
This property
has been designated as a

Historic Landmark

by the Castle Rock
Historic Preservation Board

Victoria's House
1889

 
Erected by the Castle Rock Historic Preservation Board.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1889.
 
Location. 39° 22.451′ N, 104° 51.666′ W. Marker is in Castle Rock, Colorado, in Douglas County. Marker is at the intersection of 420 Jerry Street and Fifth Street, on the right when traveling north on 420 Jerry Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 420 Jerry Street, Castle Rock CO 80104, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Denver & Rio Grande Railroad Depot (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Keystone Hotel (about 400 feet away); City Hotel (about 700 feet away); The Rock / Gray Gold (about 700 feet away); Good Roads in Colorado / The Great North-South Highway
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(about 700 feet away); Rock Park (approx. half a mile away); Founders Village (approx. 2.6 miles away); Russellville - History of Franktown / Franktown Country - Timber Industry (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Castle Rock.
 
More about this marker. Building is now the Castle Rock Chamber of Commerce.
 
Regarding Victoria’s House. Victoria Christensen, a teacher, was known as “a beautiful socialite and leader of women’s groups.” Her parents bought the house in 1896 and moved in with Victoria and her two siblings. When her mother died in 1917, the house was left to Victoria and her sister, Esther. Two days later Victoria became sole owner by a Quit Claim Deed. Victoria died in the house December 9, 1942.
 
Marker is to the left of the entrance door. image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Mark Hilton, July 1, 2017
2. Marker is to the left of the entrance door.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on July 25, 2018. It was originally submitted on July 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 526 times since then and 151 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on July 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=120799

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 25, 2024