Flint in Genesee County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
St. Paul's Episcopal Church
Erected 1977 by Michigan History Division, Department of State. (Marker Number L371.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Churches & Religion • Industry & Commerce. In addition, it is included in the Michigan Historical Commission series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1839.
Location. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 711 Saginaw Street, Flint MI 48502, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Masonic Temple (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Otto P. Graff (about 600 feet away); Sarah Emma Edmonds / Franklin Thompson (about 700 feet away); Genesee County Civil War Memorial (about 700 feet away); Resisting Slavery / Robert J. Cromwell (about 700 feet away); First National Bank of Flint (approx. 0.2 miles away); Genesee County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Wood And Metal (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Flint.
Also see . . . St. Paul's Episcopal Church History. Established in 1817, the village was a thriving settlement where logging flourished. In 1839, the Reverend Daniel Brown came to Detroit to shepherd a congregation of worshippers in a small wooden tabernacle, the first Episcopal Church. The current building, on Saginaw Street in the heart of downtown Flint, was built in 1872 by renowned gothic church architect Gordon Lloyd. Stones for the new building were brought on sledges drawn over (Submitted on August 6, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 1, 2021. It was originally submitted on August 6, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 133 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on July 31, 2021, by J.T. Lambrou of New Boston, Michigan. 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 6, 2018, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.