Lincoln in Logan County, Illinois — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Postville Court House Site
Eighth Judicial Circuit
Erected by State of Illinois.
Location. 40° 8.833′ N, 89° 22.805′ W. Marker is in Lincoln, Illinois, in Logan County. Marker is on Fifth Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 914 Fifth Street, Lincoln IL 62656, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Deskins Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); Postville Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); The William Maxwell Boyhood Home (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Niebuhr Family of Theologians (approx. 0.6 miles away); Stephen A. Douglas Speech (approx. 0.7 miles away); The First Poem by Langston Hughes (approx. 0.7 miles away); Lincoln Rustic Scene of Conspiracy (approx. 0.9 miles away); Centennial Park (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lincoln.
Also see . . .
1. The Real Lincoln Highway: The Forgotten Lincoln Circuit Markers by Guy C. Fraker. Is the “leading authority" on Abraham Lincoln's trail as he and his fellow lawyers worked on the Illinois Eighth Judicial District of 1847 - 1859. See Map and History of the special Marker Series written by Guy Fraker. Over more than four hundred miles of Illinois were traveled by Lincoln and his fellow Lawyers per journey around the Circuit by horse and buggy. For students and 'they that seek' a better understanding of life in the 1860's - - this is indeed a Historical trip through the heart-land of America on the roads of Illinois. (Submitted on October 7, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
2. Story about Postville Court House. Old Photos, Map, and History about the Old Postville Court House over the years. (Submitted on October 7, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
3. All the County-Seat Markers. . . in order of Lincoln's travels through them along the Circuit of the Eighth Judicial District, 1847 - 1857. (Submitted on October 10, 2008.)
4. All the County Line Markers. . . in order of Lincoln's travels through them along the Circuit of the Eighth Judicial District, 1847 - 1857. (Submitted on October 10, 2008.)
5. Travel with Lincoln. Climb into Lincoln’s buggy and take a trip with Lincoln and his fellow (Submitted on October 17, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana.)
Categories. • Roads & Vehicles • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Postville Court House Site.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 17, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 7, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,931 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on October 7, 2008, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.