Fairmount Heights in Prince George's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Municipal Center Site
The Site of the Original Town Hall and Municipal Center
— 717 60th Place
Documented Property, Built 1942 —
Erected by Town of Fairmount Heights, Maryland. (Marker Number 72-09-42.)
Topics. This historical Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1939.
Location. 38° 53.95′ N, 76° 54.804′ W. Marker is in Fairmount Heights, Maryland, in Prince George's County. Marker is on 60th Place, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Capitol Heights MD 20743, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Original Municipal Center (a few steps from this marker); Charity Hall (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fairmount Heights Elementary School (about 400 feet away); John S. Johnson House (about 400 feet away); The Masonic Lodge No. 92 / The Columbine Chapter No. 46 (about 400 feet away); Henry Pinckney House (about 500 feet away); Bungalow Row (about 600 feet away); In Honor of the Men and Women of Fairmount Heights who Served in World War II (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fairmount Heights.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 21, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 106 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on August 21, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. 2. submitted on November 29, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. 3, 4. submitted on August 21, 2018, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.