Near Wintersville in Jefferson County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
John D. Kilgore
Two Ridges Presbyterian Church
— American Presbyterian and Reformed Historical Site —
John D. Kilgore in 1887.
The following inscription is found on the bell:
May the Glory of This Latter House Be Greater Than Any Former.
Church Organized 1802.
12 Pastorates To 1887.
4Th House Erected 1887.
registered by the
Presbyterian Historical Society
Erected by Presbyterian Historical Society. (Marker Number 438.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the American Presbyterian and Reformed Historic Sites ⛪ series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1887.
Location. 40° 23.673′ N, 80° 43.774′ W. Marker is near Wintersville, Ohio, in Jefferson County. Marker is on Ohio Route 43 ¼ mile north of U.S. 22, on the right when traveling south. Marker is located on siding Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1085 Canton Road, Steubenville OH 43953, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wintersville (within shouting distance of this marker); Morgan's Raid (within shouting distance of this marker); a different marker also named Morgan's Raid (approx. 2.2 miles away); a different marker also named Morgan's Raid (approx. 3.3 miles away); Ohio River Lock and Dam 10 Site (approx. 6.1 miles away); a different marker also named Morgan's Raid (approx. 6.3 miles away); Tuskegee Airmen in WWII (approx. 6.4 miles away); Andrew Carnegie (1835-1919) / Carnegie Library of Steubenville (approx. 6½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wintersville.
Regarding John D. Kilgore. Two Ridges Presbyterian Church is one of 445 American Presbyterian and Reformed Historical Sites registered between 1973 and 2003 by the Presbyterian Historical Society (PHS), headquartered in Philadelphia. Approved sites received a metal plaque featuring John Calvin’s seal and the site’s registry number (PHS marker location located in front of church).
Also see . . . Two Ridges Presbyterian Church website. (Submitted on October 8, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 6, 2018. It was originally submitted on October 1, 2010, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. This page has been viewed 503 times since then and 20 times this year. Last updated on August 21, 2018, by Douglass Halvorsen of Klamath Falls, Oregon. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 1, 2010, by Jamie Abel of Westerville, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.