Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Hamilton in Butler County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Trinity Episcopal Church

 
 
Trinity Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tom Bosse, August 20, 2018
1. Trinity Episcopal Church Marker
Inscription.  An Episcopal Congregation was first established in Hamilton in 1823 as part of a missionary movement under Bishop Philander Chase who later became the founder of Kenyon College in Gambier, Ohio. The present building was designed by Cincinnati architect A.C. Nash and was dedicated on December 27, 1888. The church is in the English Gothic style. The walls are built of local limestone and the windows are of Austrian glass. The landscaped Memorial Courtyard is open for rest and reflection.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. A significant historical date for this entry is December 27, 1888.
 
Location. 39° 23.968′ N, 84° 33.351′ W. Marker is in Hamilton, Ohio, in Butler County. Marker is at the intersection of Butler Street and Center Street, on the right when traveling west on Butler Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hamilton OH 45011, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Beckett Homesite (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Cosmopolitan No. 4 (approx. 0.2 miles away); Abraham Lincoln's 1859 Hamilton Speech (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lane Public Library / Clark Lane (approx. ¼ mile away); Lane-Hooven House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Butler County Courthouse (approx. 0.4 miles
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
away); Lentil Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); Johnny S. Black, Songwriter / Paper Doll (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hamilton.
 
Also see . . .  Philander Chase. (Submitted on August 22, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee.)
 
Trinity Episcopal Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tom Bosse, August 20, 2018
2. Trinity Episcopal Church Marker
Trinity Episcopal Church image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Tom Bosse, August 20, 2018
3. Trinity Episcopal Church
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on October 11, 2018. It was originally submitted on August 22, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 239 times since then and 34 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on August 22, 2018, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=122284

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
May. 19, 2024