McHenry in Stone County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 2016 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Railroads & Streetcars • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program series list. A significant historical date for this entry is June 23, 1939.
Location. 30° 42.492′ N, 89° 8.491′ W. Marker is in McHenry, Mississippi, in Stone County. Marker is on McHenry School Drive 0.1 miles south of West McHenry Road, on the right when traveling south. Located in front of the Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 25 McHenry School Drive, Mc Henry MS 39561, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Lt. Col. John Bond (approx. 0.4 miles away); John Perkins (approx. 5.4 miles away); Professor W.P. Locker (approx. 9.9 miles away); Stone County Courthouse (approx. 10.3 miles away); Stone County War Memorial (approx. 10.3 miles away); Gulf & Ship Island Railroad (approx. 10.4 miles away); City of Wiggins (approx. 10˝ miles away); Gulf and Ship Island Railroad Depot (approx. 10.6 miles away).
Also see . . . Wikipedia article on McHenry, Mississippi. (Submitted on August 24, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on August 24, 2018. It was originally submitted on August 24, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 53 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 24, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.