D'Iberville in Harrison County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
D'Iberville High School Original Site
Erected 2017 by the D'Iberville Historical Society, City of D'Iberville and Dale Greenwell.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1885.
Location. 30° 25.694′ N, 88° 53.417′ W. Marker is in D'Iberville, Mississippi, in Harrison County. Marker is at the intersection of Church Avenue and Gorenflo Road, on the right when traveling south on Church Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 9600 Church Avenue, Diberville MS 39540, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Fort Maurepas and Old Biloxi (within shouting distance of this marker); The Five Trails (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Quave Commercial Strip (about 700 feet away); The Land and Legend of the Cross (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Crossing (approx. 0.4 miles away); Harvey's Hill (approx. 0.4 miles away); Santa Cruz Landing (approx. half a mile away); The Old Brickyard (approx. 0.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in D'Iberville.
Regarding D'Iberville High School Original Site. The former high school building, that is located at 3320 Warrior Drive, is now serving as the D'Iberville Middle School; its building was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 25, 2018. It was originally submitted on August 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 378 times since then and 109 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 25, 2018, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.