Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Near Cataldo in Kootenai County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
 

Parsonage House

Superior's Place

 
 
Parsonage House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, May 8, 2018
1. Parsonage House Marker
Caption: Based on an 1860 sketch by Fr. Gilmore.
Inscription.  The Parsonage house was the permanent house for the superior of the Mission. It is shown with a stone foundation. The west extension is depicted with a board floors, possibly a porch-like structure. The building was constructed with hewn logs using the post-in-sill technique. This parsonage served the Mission until 1864, when it was completely destroyed by fire. Fortunately, the church was spared.
 
Erected by Idaho State Parks and Recreation.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
 
Location. 47° 32.908′ N, 116° 21.51′ W. Marker is near Cataldo, Idaho, in Kootenai County. Marker can be reached from South Mission Road near Interstate 90. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 31732 South Mission Road, Cataldo ID 83810, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mission Landing (within shouting distance of this marker); Lodging for Travelers (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Mission (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Mission Bell
Paid Advertisement
Click on the ad for more information.
Please report objectionable advertising to the Editor.
Click or scan to see
this page online
(within shouting distance of this marker); Stock and Crop Barn (within shouting distance of this marker); Grist Mill (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old River Channel (about 600 feet away); Dug-Out Canoe (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cataldo.
 
More about this marker. This marker is found on the grounds of Old Mission State Park, located off of Interstate 90, exit 40.
 
Parsonage House Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By Barry Swackhamer, May 8, 2018
2. Parsonage House Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on September 1, 2018. It was originally submitted on September 1, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 152 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on September 1, 2018, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=122762

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
This website earns income from purchases you make after using our links to Amazon.com. We appreciate your support.
Paid Advertisement
Jul. 12, 2024